Before I begin:
Don’t know much about this book (if it wasn’t for SBU and #baileyblizzard). But once I heard baker and broadway (both I ♥️)… + it’s on KU, therefore paid for already 😂
Monday: Chapter 1 – 5
Reese finds herself in a pickle 🤨 🤔 Lorna graciously encouraged Reese to stay in NY to pursue her dream (and expand the story). The attraction between Leo and Reese 😍 makes me excited for more of them 🥰 Reese has 2 major lies: 1. Approaching Leo and 2. Omission with Lorna 🤬 Not big fan where lying is concerned 🤷🏽♀️ but part of plotS 🧐 so I tolerate it.
- Tessa’s writing is fun 👍🏽 Can’t say I love Reese yet… but I love Leo! I get why Leo didn’t enter the story until Chapter 3 🤔 Leo sees a red flag 🚩: Reese is a dancer. Excited for more dirty talk 😂
- Because of the way I read the thread (a lot of copy & pastung) I’m unable to react to specific posts FYI but I’ll summarize what resonates👇🏼 Pikachu 🙌🏽🤣 Winnie the Pooh 🤣🤣 Dancing is cutthroat 🤬 (loved Center Stage 😁). I can see the parallels of being a business owner 🧐
- Didn’t want us to forget that 🛑
- I have this on my wall!
- Good timing ⏱
- Apartment hunting in general… 🤬
Tuesday: Chapter 6 – 9
Done! ✅ 🙌🏽 Finally caught up with today’s chapters!
Reading is going slow 🐢 😂 ♥️ that Leo seeks out Reece 😏 and I think it’s cute Leo refuses to take “no” for an answer 🙅🏽♂️ We learn more why Leo questions 🙋♂️ dancers 👯♀️ If I were him, I would too 🤔 The way Leo convinced Reese to go out with him 👍🏽 😘 &📱Well done Leo 😏 Reese agreed to a lunch date 👍🏽 😊 Awww…. Leo is like a teddy bear 🧸 ♥️ Leo is so excited for his lunch date! Tad’s curiosity is a testament to Leo as a boss 🤔
Social awkwardness, get why Leo is 🤔 Reese is a foil for Leo in that way 😍
- Still reading today’s chapters, but can and will respond to more posts from yesterday 😁
Fictionalized NY apartment renting 🤔
- Acting out of character/boldly 😱 Scary if you ask me. But, in a fictionalized story, it’s entertaining 👌🏼 so I can’t complain. The chapter lengths are good 👍🏽 I can see how it can be likened to Gettaway Girl. Because Leo seeks Reese out, less peeved about the lie of omission. But like Reese’s awareness of it. Like the mix of sweetness (in abundance 😍😇) and spice (🤞🏼 anticipated).
Wednesday: Chapters 10 – 14
Awww… Leo’s so excited 😆 to have Reese in his apartment 😍 Surprised (but glad Reece agreed 👍🏽 ). Leo’s suspicions, not helped by Reece’s behavior 🤔 I like how Leo posed for selfies instead of 🤬 I feel it shows him rising ABOVE 👍🏽 Took me awhile to read these chapters, so starting on tomorrows 😋
- Haven’t heard of/from Lorna 🤔 People watching 👌🏼 Fun to give them stories 📖 💡 Reece stays in NY and helps Leo! 1 day to get to NY 😱 Influencers are influential! Dinner 🍽 Tate and being all over each other 😏
- Nap date 😍 Childhood insecurities and scars are valid. Very sweet indeed 😊 caretaking doft heroes 👍🏽 Courtship as sweet as Leo’s desserts 🧁 Timeline is bonkers/insta-lovey but funNY 😄 The screen rotations keep making me lose my spot 🤬😂😱🙈
Thursday: Chapters 15 – 18
Touching Reese sgows Leo her dancing 👏🏽 The walk home 🏡 then kiss 😘 ⚾️ This story is so sweet, I love it ♥️ Reese is still lying to Leo 😱 know that’ll come back to haunt us. But enjoy seeing how enamoured Leo is by Reece 🔥 Hint at the end of 15 that the truth will come out 😱 Valentine’s hangout and Bernard reveals Reese’s lies 😱
- Still reading 📖 but vestibule-alcove sex 🔥 Foreshadow at the end of 15 that the truth 😱 will come out 🤔 ♥️ to ♥️s with Pikachu Lies are undesirable 🧐 Not to act like a moral compass 🧭 but a good rule of thumb. The guilt Reece is feeling is a direct result of lying.
Friday: Chapters 19 – Epilogue
Leo showed some serious strength going after Reese 😍 then sending cake 🧁 pops 😍 Glad Reese got the Chicago chorus line role! Got some good 😊 quotes about pursuing your dreams 💭 Can’t wait for Reece and Leo to meet again 😍 How will it happen? 🤔 The Cookie Jar expansion 👍🏽 Happy for Leo 😍 Makes me want to watch Center Stage 😍 Having Leo come to her show 👍🏽 💡 Kiss 😘 ⚾️
End of book 📖
Epilogue 18 years later. Reece 8 year dance career 💃 Daughter (Lily) 👧 Mentors in Manhattan ♥️
Appreciated the epilogue and this story wasn’t about an age gap 👍🏽 Don’t know author works well enough to know if it’s typical 🤷🏽♀️ SBU is particularly helpful there! Reece is dramatic 🩰😂 Liked the epilogue 👍🏽 Remembering Save The Last Dance “Live Your Dreams” ✊🏽😂😇 💌 Definitely worth rereading!