Read ALL the books 📚 this season 🙌🏼 Haven’t been able to before because of book availability (on services I’m on). Oftentimes, don’t know much beforehand, just want to see what I can get.
Overall, a great season 🏼😁 Filled with kidnappings, blackmail, and spicy 🌶 times 😉
Lord Of Scoundrels
CW: death of a loved one, abandonment, being unloved by a parent 🤬 🙏🏾 may contain more…
CW = content warning ⚠️/trigger warning ⛔️
London’s Perfect Scoundrel
CW: orphans, kidnapping, captivity
Never Seduce A Scoundrel
CW: kidnapping, fraud, PTSD
Desperately Seeking A Scoundrel
CW: kidnapping (on page), torture (off page), death of a loved one 🥰 (off page), sexual assault (off page)
Before I begin:
Still a SBU pick and loving this season 🥰 From the product description, seems like any other HR 🧐 but it may surprise me 🤷🏽♀️
Monday: Chapters 1 – 4
The beginning didn’t go like I expected 🤔 From what I gathered, Sarah is unfortunately meant to marry Felix Foot but she’d rather lie about being promised. Sarah sees and injured 🤕 unconscious Colin and nurses him back to health. When we first meet Colin, he is captured 😱 but he escapes 😮💨 Feel this will be encountered again later 🧐 Sarah claims to be engaged to Colin 😂🤣 Definitely not hooked on the story YET but intrigued 🤔 Appreciate the action packed in already 🙌🏽 and it’s atypical typical start 🧐
- The way the story begins, we see Colin is different from our other heroes this season 🤔 What happened before this book? Colin’s come ons 😏😂 Interesting reading a POV of someone who’s done wrong 🧐 Can’t say I’ve had… Can only imagine 💭…
- What did Colin do?Liking this season too 😊😍 Get the bell comparison 😍😂😇 #priorities 😂
Tuesday: Chapters 5 – 9
In this section, we see more of Colin as a scoundrel from other’s POV 🤔 because, otherwise I don’t see it… In that sense, feel like I’m missing something not having read the prior books 🤔 Like Sarah as a character, still TBD about Colin but the kids SHIP them 😍
- As always, great summary 😊 Get more information about Colin 🧐 mr. Foot 🤬 Agree, we should count. Its like therapy, may be easier to be yourself when your past is unknown…
- My notes are wrong 😑🤬🤦🏼♀️ been spelling Foote Foot 😂 In this case, it might be better there’s stuff we don’t know 🤷🏽♀️
Wednesday: Chapters 10 – 14
Mr. Snyder adds an interesting dynamic to the plot. Like the relocation to London. With this relocation, we finally get kissing between Sarah and Colin. Family dynamics always test a relationship, but we see Sarah-Colin aren’t ideal 🤔 Honestly forgot how Sarah’s dad died… How’d it happen?! Foote seems to be out of the story now.
- 2 months later… Is it me or was there a jump? Food is how some people show their love 🤔 Double fake engagement 🙌🏽 Did I miss desk sex?! 😂 What’s a red herring (besidres a fish)?
Thursday: Chapters 15 – 19
Honestly, mixing this up with
Key similarities are fake identity 🤔 Colin continues being plagued by his past… Foot’s back in the story 😱 The threat he poses is pushing Rose and Colin together, not entirely to their 🤬😏 Seriously getting a better grasp on the old Colin 🧐
- Charlotte’s going to add spiciness 🌶 Who’s Charles? Fake dating (when done right) ♥️ Liking the friendship with Jane 🥰 That’s SBU is so clutch 😁 wouldn’t get Colin context otherwise
- Foote’s role is bigger than I expected 🤬 I feel there’s more page time given to Foote when there’s another unaddressed conflict 🤔 Reading this with The Marquess Makes His Move and having bouts of 😵😊😂😇 Built up the story forreal! 2 villains 🦹♂️ 🦹♂️ now!
- #priorities 🐴 and 🎶 sad 😢 to hear Colin was essentially prohibited from doing music 🎶 nothing like a near death experience 🥰 sucker for letters ♥️ epistolary 😁
Friday: Chapters 20 – 26
3rd act expected bored 😐 but I enjoy Colin & Sarahon page together 😍 Knew we didn’t see the last of Felix Foot 🦹♂️ They exchange I love yous a little late, but I get this miscommunication (just sad it happened after a kidnapping). What if Sarah really died?! 😱 No 3rd act break-up 🙌🏽 and no epilogue 🙌🏽🏼
- 4/4 for kidnapping so far 🙌🏽 Wedding skipped AGAIN. 🎹 🔥 (just that it happened). The daughter should be addressed in future books 🤔
End of book 📖
This story began unexpectedly but eventually followed the typical plot devices… Contains care-taking 👏🏽 and a heroine I enjoyed. This story needs to be read in series order (for best reading experience).
The Perks Of loving A Scoundrel
CW: war, soldier, attempted murder, murder, PTSD
Scoundrel Of My Heart
The Wisteria Society Of Lady Scoundrels
The Good Girl’s Guide To Rakes